Make a difference: The Arc of Bismarck and Designer Genes of ND, Inc., Bismarck are committing to expand programming, and this is your opportunity to advance our impact on people with I/DD, families, and the community.
We are looking to hire a Program Director position to oversee the planning, administration, and implementation of the organization’s programs. To ensure that individuals living with I/DD, their families, and the public have access to the information, advocacy, and skills needed to support the full inclusion and participation of people with I/DD in the community throughout their lifetimes.
TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Directors
PAY: $43,295-$46,776 per year
LOCATION: Bismarck, ND
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the programs to meet the evolving needs of clients.
- PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION: Directs the operational business of the organizations’ outreach, ensuring grants and community funding efforts to support existing program expenses to fulfill the organizations’ missions.
- ADVOCACY: Collaborates with the American People Self-Advocacy Association and Youth Empowering Social Status-YESS; supports and coordinates advocacy efforts in cooperation with the executive director to enhance the advocacy impact of the organizations.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Seeks, develops, and maintains community partnerships that advance the organization’s ability to advocate for and provide education regarding the challenges and possibilities for people impacted by I/DD.
- FUND DEVELOPMENT: Develops and implements fund-raising efforts to increase the financial support of the organizations from various sources.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A.
- Minimum of two years working with people with disabilities or equivalent experience, including experience educating people with disabilities
- Experience advocating for people with disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated experience in program development, including planning, goal setting, evaluation and problem solving
- Experience in writing grant proposals preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized, able to manage multiple tasks
- Experience coordinating events preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media.
This work-from-home position requires regular local travel to program sites and events.
This work is primarily sedentary, requiring communicating clearly, seeing, hearing, talking, concentrating, reading and operating office equipment such as a computer, calculator, copier and scanner.
Some evening and weekend hours are required, according to event schedules. May require light lifting according to program needs.
Some out-of-state travel may be required for meetings and trainings.
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
The Arc of Bismarck and Designer Genes are AA/EOE employers.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Executive_director@thearcofbismarck.org by December 12th 4pm
Full job description: Program director job description