The Arc of Bismarck and Designer Genes of ND, Inc., Bismarck are making new commitments to expand programming. This is your opportunity to advance our impact on people with I/DD, families and the community.
The purpose of the program director position is to oversee the planning, administration and implementation of the organizations’ programs to ensure that individuals living with I/DD, their families and the public have access to the information, advocacy, and skills needed to support full inclusion and participation of people with I/DD in the community throughout their lifetimes. This is a cooperative position between The Arc of Bismarck and Designer Genes of ND, Inc., Bismarck.
TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Directors
PAY: $43,295-$46,776 per year
LOCATION: Bismarck, ND
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Plans, develops, implements and evaluates the programs to meet the evolving needs of clients.
- PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION: Directs the operational business of the organizations’ outreach, ensuring grants and community funding efforts to support existing program expenses to fulfill the organizations’ missions.
- ADVOCACY: Collaborates with the American People Self-Advocacy Association; supports and coordinates advocacy efforts in cooperation with the executive director to enhance the advocacy impact of the organizations.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Seeks, develops and maintains community partnerships that advance the organizations ability to advocate for and provide education regarding the challenges and possibilities for people impacted by I/DD.
- FUND DEVLOPMENT: Develops and implements fund-raising efforts to increase the financial support of the organizations from various sources.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A.
- Minimum of two years working with people with disabilities or equivalent experience, including experience educating people with disabilities
- Experience advocating for people with disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated experience in program development, including planning, goal setting, evaluation and problem solving
- Experience in writing grant proposals preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized, able to manage multiple tasks
- Experience coordinating events preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media.
This is a work-from-home position and requires regular local travel to program sites and events.
This work is primarily sedentary, requiring communicating clearly, seeing, hearing, talking, concentrating, reading and operating office equipment such as a computer, calculator, copier and scanner.
Some evening and weekend hours required, according to event schedules. May require light lifting according to program needs.
Some out-of-state travel may be required for meetings and trainings.
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
The Arc of Bismarck and Designer Genes are AA/EOE employers
Please email your cover letter and resume to Executive_director@thearcofbismarck.org by March 4, 2022. No phone calls, please.
Full job description: Program director job description